Tuesday, July 31, 2007

My First Slumber Party

Believe it or not, I went to my first slumber party ever yesterday night (or rather my memory doesn’t serve me that far). Haha.. I know, Grace Tan where have you been? I dunno, busy with school activities, church stuff, hanging out with boys? I must say that it was a pretty fun time though talking through the night isn’t my thing I guess..

It all started off with Emma inviting us to her place for steamboat for a variety of reasons. New home (some sort of housewarming), Wen’s birthday, Peiling’s going back home to Singapore and we are all back in cold windy Melbourne doing yet another semester; you get the picture.

After buying all the frozen, fresh, processed food and baking needs required, 9 nursing students chatting 19 to the dozen in a myriad of broken English and perfect Chinese (for most anyway) trudged up into Emma’s apartment located along Bourke St, Victoria to begin the preparation for our little steamboat party. Since Selene and I didn’t have an oven at our place, we jumped at the opportunity to use Emma’s oven, buying a muffin pre-mix that we mixed with cream cheese in a recipe that I obtained from the web. (http://allrecipes.com) The process was really cool as not only were we experimenting, Kathy was really interested in baking as well and was a great help. However, in our excitement, we didn’t read the instructions properly and erm… instead of 1/8 of a TEASPOON of salt, we added … 1/8 CUP! You can imagine the outcome. Lets just say it turned out to be a savoury desert.

Shall post more about the week tom ( i have an off day!)

for photos: pls check out my multiply site at:
http://stepsofgrace.multiply.com

No comments: