Wednesday, July 25, 2007

A mash of thoughts

Beware! this post is going to be a rojak of thoughts, experiences, descriptions so brace yourself for Grace Tan's lousy grammatical skills. =)

Melbourne Weather
Ever since we came back, the weather in Melbourne has been beautiful. It's sunny everyday, temperatures are about 8-15 degrees, very good for washing clothes and things get dry in one day! I'm praying that the weather stays this way (a little warmer would be nice too) cos I love it! Let it not rain pls pls.. and no more cold fronts.. apparently it was really cold during the 3 weeks we were in Sunny Singapore! Oh boy i'm so so thankful man for that.. I hate the cold, hate wearing so many layers, hate wearing covered shoes with stockings, socks etc.. bleah.. i rather the heat man..

School
Even though I'm only do 4 modules as compared to 5 last semester, feeling overwhelmed by the sheer workload again. There are many possibilities and reasons why im feeling this way:
1. it's only the first week and I'm still suffering a little from the 'hit and run' syndrome (came back sun morning, went to church immediately)
2. They (the nursing school) is cramming EVERYTHING (the theoretical aspects) into 5 WEEKS so that we can do our placements which will last a total of 6 WEEKS. Feeling the heat man..

I have a lot more assignments, essays to do this time round and frankly, i'm a little afraid cos i'm no good at writing. But trusting God to see me through my weaknesses just as He has last semester.

My timetable looks like this:
Mon: 9-1pm, 2-5pm (1 hour break)
Tue: 9-1pm, 3-5pm (2 hour break)
Wed: NO SCHOol!
Thur: 9-2pm, 4-6pm (2 hour break)
Fri: 8-10am, 2-4pm (4 hour break)

total Contact Hours: 22hours.
Dun be decieved by the breaks inbetween, its very little. And there a ton of readings to do! URGH.. nevermind.. God will make a way i know it..

Friends
this semester, I decided to be less of a hermit and be a little bit more social since I better learn for next year when Selene is not in school and I'm about the only one taking Grad entry. So I told God that and I tell you does He answers prayers when you step out of your comfort zone and depend on Him to provide. We decided to be more social yesterday night and go dwn for our Uni Mews BBQ. There were alot of pple there we didnt know and we were feeling alittle like, okay so we came down to be social but there is no one to be social witH! but then, Selene saw this girl in pink by herself and she told me, 'i'm going to talk to that girl.' i looked at her and i said, okay go. and wow.. did that really go well!
1. she's singaporean
2. she just came in few weeks ago
3. She's studying at RMIT
4. SHe studying nursing too!
5. she attends city harvest back home aka she's a christian!
6. She goes to Cross Culture too! (the chruch we go too!)

And after that, we got hooked up with another Singaporean guy who just arrived a few weeks ago too.. Nursing, one year course (same as selene's) @ LA Trobe. and he going through LDR too! (Long distance relationship, i know all these abbrevations..sheesh)

Thank you God. even though it meant less time to prepare for school etc, i'm still glad we went down.Now we need to learn to time manage and continue to pray that God will pave the way towards these new found friendships.

Verse of the day from my facebook:
Ecclesiastes 7:14

When times are good, be happy; but when times are bad, consider: God has made the one as well as the other. Therefore, a man cannot discover anything about his future.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dont worry about your grammar. It can only get better!

Mum