Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Journey to the east – Part 1

Saturday, 18th August 2007

This semester, I have 2 units at school that requires me to complete placements at hospitals. One is a mental health placement for four weeks, the other a general surgical/medical placement for three weeks. For the former, I had to pick my preference but due to some confusion on my part, my placement is to be held in Clayton. And because transportation in Melbourne leaves much to be desired. I had to organize some sort of accommodation plans for myself over in Clayton. If not, it would take me more than an hour to get there each day.

But! The school informed us about 2 weeks ago that placements at Clayton have been changed to Casey Hospital in Berwick. You can imagine my dismay when I heard that cos I’ve gone through so much planning for the accommodation. It was made worse when I found out that Berwick was located further down that line! (check out the metlink map below.)

















So, just to figure out how long it took to get there and where the hospital was situated, Selene kindly offered to take this adventure with me all the way to Berwick.

Making a direct trip to Berwick seemed too daunting even for us so we decided to break it up into parts so that:
a) we could get some breather
b) we could explore new areas of Melbourne
Since Richmond was along he way, we decided to make a pit stop thre for lunch. Richmond is well known for its Vietnamese influence. It apparently has the best pho in Melbourne, the closest you can get to the real thing without having to fly to Vietnam. (insert picture)

With a plan, tram bus and train guides, we departed from Bundoora @ 1000hr. Have a look at what you can do on long journey rides..in the next entry... =)

No comments: