Monday, August 20, 2007

Going to Boxhill for the third time since we have been here…

I do realise that i haven blogged for the past few days. Too many things happening.. I'm really swamped with work.. so sorry... alot of backlog of stuff to blog on. bear with me you guys..

=)


Friday, 17th August 2007


Boxhill is a suburb in Melbourne, which is well known to for its Chinese community! We love boxhill, there are a lot of stuff we can get there and the Chinese food there is yummy. It’s the real Chinatown I tell you. Usually we never get a chance to go there cos it’s in an Eastern Suburb and too far for us to specially take a trip there on the public transport. But today, Wen and Gai Xin were going there in the evening, and we decided to tag along to buy our groceries and have ‘huo guo’ aka ‘steamboat’ with them. It was really yummy! Though on the pricey side (22 per pax… but its all like that here) it was worth it, the nice warmth of the place, the company and just being in a place full of Chinese was nice and comforting after a long hard week at school. Bought this yummy ‘nai cha’ which is a Taiwanese import. Just like the bubble tea I drink when I go out with the gals and cheaper too! =) so im really pleased with my buy at the Taiwanese provision store at Boxhill. Some photos below..
Also I was reading the newspaper today and Harvey has a sale on a portable oven! Urgh! So tempted to buy it cos I have no oven just one really lousy microwave. This one (see below) is multipurpose and can do many things.. bake, grill etc.. and its under 100 bucks! How how? Sigh… so so tempted..

No comments: