i) sleeping in
ii) going for a run
iii) shopping
iv) watching a movie
v) going for high-tea buffet
vi) getting ready to attend the NDP parade
vii) or even working (to those HO, nurses, service providers who are on call)
Just a few days ago, one of my Australia friends asked what is the capital of Singapore. I was tickled by the question cos as all Singaporeans and Malaysians would know, the capital of Singapore (what we would write on our departure cards) is: SINGAPORE. I told her that with all seriousness and she initially didn’t believe me. Haha. I guess it’s a little difficult to comprehend if you haven been to the island I call Home. Oh yes, I’m getting mushy. But somehow studying overseas makes things like National Day Parade more significant. Especially for me since I have always enjoyed watching NDP on TV and even enjoy joining the hoards of people dressed in red and white at the Stadium. I hate the crowds, but the ‘qi fen’ at the stadium is worth it. Here’s some photos from last year’s national day parade (1 year late) but nevertheless.

Apparently, they gave out CDs in the goodie bag this year and I want that! Often I think they give too much stuff in that bag, things which you have no idea what to do with after the parade but the CD, that’s good stuff. Dr Li, you are suppose to pass me one copy.. =) are you going to? Are you going to?
it’s just another day for us in Melbourne, Victoria. But we Singaporeans try our best to celebrate it too here. We are meeting the Singaporeans we know who are here in La Trobe for lunch, shall post the photos up tomorrow and I’m meeting Jamie later for dinner. Not for ND dinner of course but to catch up but so happen its National Day.
Well, Happy Birthday Singapore, and to all Singaporeans in Singapore, cherish your holiday! =)
No comments:
Post a Comment