Friday, May 01, 2009

Orange

Green, yellow,ORANGE, red and black. I'm pretty sure you guys know what i'm talking about. For those of you who dont, its time to bring your head out of your hole of work, personal life etc and read the newspapers and watch the news. (even the newpaper will do..)

I actually cant believe it. 2 months into my job and i actually encounter an orange code where it is mandatory for us to adorn full PPE (personal protective equipment) with every contact with have with our patients.

I havent actually seen this happening but I'm going back to work tomorrow morning after being out of the ward for a week. When i was in the ward on Thursday, it was Yellow and we were given thermometers so that our temperatures could be recorded and tracked at every start of each shift. Flu vaccinations were also given. Now one day later, its Orange.

I know I have been complaining quite a bit about the current status of the situation but on the other hand, i'm quite glad i actually get to experience such a situation so early into my career. sounds sadistic i know but its true.

The precautions our government has taken has received an array of responses; from the kiasu to the bo chap. I dont blame them cos it really seems quite strange why we are in orange zone without even any actual cases being present.

But since it transmits quite quickly even without the usual symptoms, just be careful you guys. As mentioned in papers, just practice good hand hygiene. And pray. pray for wisdom for all who are involved in managing this situation.

Please pray for me and the doc as well as we continue our jobs as frontline manpower. We will be maintaining the necessary precautions but the prayers of friends and loved ones is definitely assuring and helpful.

In fact, really, with our church doing the 40 days of community, how much more we can show love to the people in our community (esp. our workplace).

More updates next time...

No comments: