Wednesday, May 20, 2009

I am having great Inertia...

... to run.

Before I started work and even during my first two months of work, I diligently tried to run twice a week, each run lasting about 30-40mins followed by resistance training with the Gym in the Pocket (i.e. resistance band).

Now?

I'm into almost the end of the 3rd month of work and I am finding it so so hard to stick to the two times a week exercise regime that i set myself to do. I have to really excite myself to do it. I usually only do once a week now. Last week i managed to go for a run but I could only do half an hour run.

It really requires discipline. I'm on my feet throughout the shift and especially when I'm doing junior work, I'm lifting, pushing, pulling, bending and sweating. But it's different type of exercise. It's not cardio ex as I dont feel my heart pounding and my heart rate going up. So i dont think i'm burning up very much calories. I dunno. I should wear a pedometer i guess. Cos walking 10,000 steps a day burns up

Apparently, 'a pound of fat equals 3500 calories' (0.45kg = 1 pound) Losing 1-2 pounds of fat a week is also apparently a sensible goal, and so you will want to use the combination of increased activity and eating less that will total 3500 calories for 7 days.
(adapted from about.com)

Like today, the weather is not bad and pretty ideal for a run. But i feel so much inertia. I keep on hearing the words, 'you can do it tom morning', 'you're hungry.. you where got energy to run?'

Excuses excuses excuses..

No comments: