I have always prided myself in being a good parker when it comes to parking my car. Today however, that wasnt so.
In the past few weeks, there has been numerous constructions happening around my estate; both private renovations and the upgrading of the area with the coverage of drains. This meant that there are alot of heavy duty vehicles parked along the narrow two car width road outside our houses. and with all these extra vehicles on our already car filled roads (everyone parks their car outside, very few park them inside as its no easy feat to do that), the number of spaces available became less.
This week, e doc loaned me his car for the week so that I can use it and get around if I needed to. This meant that there was an extra car located on our roads. When I came home today, I was asked to move the car to another spot since they had to hack the roads. Since there wasnt any other lot available nearby, I decided to park the car inside the house a huge decision since i knew it wasnt going to be easy and doable one shot. But i had to try nevertheless.
As expected when i turned head in first, my angle of the car was wrong and it resulted in me having to make numerous reverses and slow progression, always hindered by the fear of scratching the sides. Seeing that I decided to drive in, my dad came out to give me directions but he was so vague he was of no help! I didnt know which way to turn my steering wheel, how much to turn. instead of instructing me how to turn, my dad just asked me to come out and let him do the driving.
As i reversed and drove the car into an angle that would allow me to get out so that my dad could take over the wheel, I suddenly realised that the car was in the right angle and that both sides could get through the gate without touching it and gettin the car scratched!
Extremely relieved and happy, I steered the car in with ease and proud of myself for having learnt and tried something new today! yippeee!!! (and phew! no scratch on e doc's car)
Monday, December 01, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment