Monday, September 25, 2006

walking on the streets of london and more

Have you walked the streets of London?
Saw Anthony online last night in London and asked him how his first day in London has been. Seems to be going well for him and I am really excited for him as he spends the next three years studying in central London. He said that he has been walking the streets of London, rained a little but other than that it's pretty warm. Walking the streets of a cosmopolitan city like London is really nice. I'm a city girl at heart (see below) and I would love to visit the capitals of as many countries as I can (of course if money permits) I've been to London twice and loved it both times; from Covent Garden to Chinatown, London bridge to the huge city parks like Hyde Park and Kensington Park. Oooo... and the British Museum too! So huge never actually finished it the last time I went...who can forget the quaint little streets as well and the music shop on Bond Street that sells tons and tons of music books!

A city gal at heart.
You Belong in New York City

You're an energetic, ambitious woman.
And only NYC is fast enough for you.
Maybe you'll set yourself up with a killer career
Or simply take in all the city has to offer.


Places I would love to visit: New York, St Petersburg, Moscow, Shanghai (Beijing more than Shanghai actually), Tokyo. =) Maybe I'll discover them on Discovery channel and national geographic channel first. three cheers for Cable tv. =p

More on London. Walking the streets of London, is like playing Monopoly. This game which I played with my sis and cousins donkey years ago. If you do remember the words on the board game, you will recall streets and train stations like, Bond Street ,Regent street, Fernchurch Street station.. And they are real places in LONDON! =) Check out this website

Back in the office:
Half the office is empty most of the time. Simon, Haiks, Dotz and Eeleen have gone for Laussane Conference in Port Dickson and the STIR boys are usually not around in the morning because of their numerous rehearsals at night. Many things are occurring simultaneously in the ForeRunner office and it's really exciting! While a team of them are in Port Dickson serving the Laussane team by leading all the worships for the 5 days conference (what is this Lausanne Conference? click here. GSP preparation is happening back in Singapore, Sharon is going through new staff training, 7Days, the chinese band is meeting for rehearsals once weekly and we are doing tons of scheduling with potential hosts.

Here's what Simon says in his email from Port Dickson:
"We're doing ok. we have a large 4-bedroom apartment all to ourselves... free Wifi in the cafe... where we have our meals.
Marcell and Jakes are great pple... getting to know them. had a good worship time with them last nite... and prayer etc."

2 comments:

peanut said...

i'm going to london again. for me bros graduation. italy, rome and venice too i think

Grace said...

ooo go watch this musical for me...
wicked. heard from my friend it's good. =)