Thursday, August 17, 2006

Thoughts from robin's blog

Today, Robin left to pursue his tertiary education in the U.S of A. As I read his last Singapore post, one para struck me. (if you dun mind, Robin, I've copied and pasted it here)

"Leaving is hardest because of all the friendships God has blessed me with and because the memories that we shared are so sweet. All these memories are part of me now. I will always remember going to school with you and skipping lectures together; going through BPCC as your course-mate and slacking away in our bunk; being your CG mate and going for lunch with you after 1030am service. I will remember how you laugh at the way I play pool and giggle at the way I make a speech, and I will also remember laughing at how terrified you got during that horror movie. I will never forget driving you all over Singapore and you driving me to Church every Sunday morning. I will remember you laughing at how much I enjoy strange seafood and how I think of myself as the Pope." ---- Robin

It made me sad as I reaslied that often I take such simple daily events for granted. It's only when you leave (for me at least) that you remember such things.

Friendship, beautiful yet a difficult task to accomplish. It has to be filled with so much, compassion, kindness, patience, intentionality, and most importantly, unconditional love. Love that surpasses all inadequacies each one might have. That kind of friendship is commandable. Truly commendable.

No comments: