Friday, February 01, 2008

Aging beautifully - a possibility?

Rachel (Hannah's sister) said,
"happy birthday Grace. No, it's not downhill from 25. I think you would agree with me that your sis & her friends, like moi, have managed to age quite well, we're like wine in fact, getting better with age..muah ha ha....nothing to fear, embrace the mid 20s gal! they rock!"
Well, it is true that this bunch of women have aged quite well. In fact, some of them look even younger and slimmer than before their late 20s, before having 2-3 kids, before having greater responsibilities at work and at home. There is vibrancy and confidence, a beauty that radiates from not only what they wear (did i mention how trendy they can be?) as well as what they say.

I'm pretty sure that life not does get simpler when you hit the later half of your 20s and of these woman have their fair share of struggles and emotional times. Is this just rarely seen or just well managed? Yet, I remain amazed at their lives even as they leave the 20s and embrace the phase of the 30s.

To Rachel:
Thanks for reminding me of the real life testimonies around me. You're right and I will definitely embrace the mid 20s! =)


1 comment:

peanut said...

haha.. agreed!

i think women in 30s are in their prime. so it's downhill after 40.. i'll remind you again when you get there 15-20 years from now...! :P