Monday's devotion really struck a chord in my heart. Back from reservist, P'Sy shared from Exodus 13 and 14. Do read it and meditate upon it when you have the chance but for the benefit of my sharing here, I'll give a summary.
Basically, the Israelites have been set free by their Egyptians masters and are on the road towards the Promise Land. Guided by a pillar of cloud by day and a pillar of fire by night (13:21-22) they went on their journey.
Interestingly, God led them the long way towards the Promised Land (see 13:17-18) and it was also God who hardened Pharoah's heart that caused him to send his best troops, led personally by him to bring his slaves back. (14:4)
In this, God achieved so much. As you read on into chapter 14, you see that God was glorified becuase the army was destroyed and his people, the Israelites became to trust in Him again.
But not without first complaining. In the presence of trouble, even though God's presence has been showed in the plagues in Egypt, as well as the pillars of cloud and fire leading them, they couldnt see His providence.
Verse 13-14
"But Moses told the people, "Don't be afraid. Just stand where you are and watch the LORD rescue you. The Egyptians that you see today will never be seen again. The LORD himself will fight for you. You won't have to lift a finger in your defense!"
Those verses really hit me. These past few weeks have been tough for me as I struggle to hear God's plan in all aspects of my life. I've gone through many bouts of uncertainty, distress and still going through them but I'm reminded the past few days that God will fight this for me. All I really have to do is to stand firm, be still and watch Him pave the way for me.
I haven been still before Him, and I have been reprimanded. Indeed, I haven yielded my life to Him. I can only wait and watch and be in awe of His patience and love for me despite all that I've done.
Wednesday, May 31, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment