An extremely fruitday day off before TURT begins
Gen12ii, Campus Crusade missions sending movement begins tomorrow with a Boot Camp @ PGP. However, even before it begins, we in the office are feeling a little tired already, what with Comm Drills everyday, as well as rehearsals and checkouts happening almost every day for the past two weeks. With all this in mind, I decided to have a breather away from work to refresh in preparation for the 6 weeks ahead.
The day started off early in the morning at 7.30am as my family managed to go for a breakfast together, something we haven done for a might long time what with my sis living in Holland V and I having to reach office by 9am. Because my sis broke her specs yesterday (dun ask me how she did it, she's power) and she's really blind without her specs, she decided to come home yesterday since i was in holland area last night to spend the night. Hence, the morning breakfast.
After sending my mom to work, we came home to laze around! =) Happiness only, as I watched two back episodes of C.S.I, fell asleep for 15mins before I quickly changed to meet a supporter for lunch @ Raffles Place. Haven really done this in a while now, catching up with people who are supporting me financially this one year so it was really good to catch up, to find out what's up with them as well as update them on a personal level what's up with me as well as what my plans are in the coming months.
After that, it was off to get 'I not stupid too' from Andrew near KK hospital so that i could watch it in the afternoon. Really pretty good show I thought, though a little over the top lah. Issues that were brought up in the show are pretty real issues we face in singapore though a tad too drama to be real. Made me realise how blessed indeed i am. I cried at the heart-wreching scenes(what to do, sucker for emotional stuff in movies + super powerful tear ducts) , like... okay wont spoil the movie for those of you who haven watched it yet. But do go and watch it, pretty good for a locally produced movie. Oh! and the cute boys from 'I not stupid' have grown into dashing young man! =)
After which, it was time to meet up with my mom @ my grandparents place where I was treated to FANTASTIC FOOD! Oh my gosh, indeed, my grandma is one of the best cooks around! (I'm serious) I usually dun have a second helping but tonight, the food was just too good to resist! One of the dishes is termed by my uncles as 'corney chicken' cos it taste like the corney dog sauce from A&W last time. I ate and ate and i felt so stuffed that i had trouble breathing. Such great food can only eat once in a while. If not, will spoil my healthy plan.
Indeed, my little cousin, though he has a glib tongue is right when he told my grandma this, "Mama, you are the best cook in the world! " hahaha.
oh and this year, my grandparents are celebrating their 60th anniversary of marriage. Diamond Wedding. Was looking at their 50th anniversary wedding photos and it was really sweet. This year, it's going to be a big bash once again like ten years ago. we all have roles to play and stuff.
Shall keep you guys in suspense as it approaches. But will definitely blog about it.
60 years of marriage. Isnt that amazing? Being married to the same person for 60 years? My gosh. My granddad is 81 this year while my grandma is 78. He was 21, she was 18. a tender age to be married but i guess that's not too young during those times after the war. Well, to all of you, this is proof that it's possible! to be married for 60 years, and still survive and love one another as much as the day you get married.
Hence, all in all, a great day i had. As i end the day, my mind begins to prepare for work tomorrow and i realise that i've many things to complete by this weekend!
Thursday, May 11, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
i watched i not stupid 2 the other day too! so touchy touchy.. =)) good seeing u the past few days too=))
Post a Comment