Monday, February 02, 2004

Thoughts that flowed through during the weekend

I am thankful for the holiday today for it means I can catch up with my work as well as study for my test on wed.

The weekend was kind of packed with a lot of things to go to but I am glad for them all.
ON friday, I had my first disciple group meeting at 6pm and my friends and I together with Bixia went to Kenny Rogers for dinner and sharing.

Truthfully, i was really tired and was ready to call it a day but the sharing that Bixia had prepared for us was really interesting and thought provoking. IT was about being a Woman of God. How do we become one?

She gave us a poem which beautifully showed us our role as a woman in society.

I never agreed with feminism and that night just confirmed my thinking.

Just a portion,

"...Man represents my image, woman my emotions
together you represent the totality of God
In gentle quietness, show your strength..."

Saturday, Went for a combined Methodist youth event at PLMC called "Fusion 2004"

Youths from all the different Methodist Churches came together to meet one another as well as to pray and worship God! The excitement and vibrancy was to the brim and it felt comforting to see all these pple. though i didnt know them by face nor by name, a sense of closeness still lingered in the air.

When you personally know God as a friend, somehow things change and you no longer need to fear; failing exams, not being known to be IN, peer pressure...

you will begin to form your own identity and be contented with what you have all the time cos GOd is in control.

=)

No comments: