A THOUSAND FACES
Verse:
Look in the mirror, afraid of what I might see
Do I see myself or somebody else
Somebody I wish I could be
Look in the mirror, still feel that I want more
Trading yesterday for another place
Setting myself for a fall
Pre-Chorus:
The years of hurt and pain
Would I ever be the same
[Chorus]
You see a thousand faces
But You don’t know who I am
Just a foolish one in a million
But You won’t know who I am
[only after last chorus] C2:
I’ve been a thousand places
But I don’t know where I stand
So lost and looking for just one reason
So you would know who I am
I was telling Daniel just now that I'm feeling like I have lost myself. In the midst of being a people pleaser, I forgot who I am. Just like this song by STIR - A thousand faces.
I wear a thousand faces, with different people, a different person. Am I that drastic, that extreme i dont think so but i struggle all the same.
Wednesday, November 22, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment