Thursday, November 16, 2006

Romans 9:20-21
But who are you, O man to talk back to God? "Shall what is formed say to him who formed it, 'Why did you make me like this?'" does not the potter have the right to make out of the same lump of clay some pottery for noble purposes and some for common use?"

This was part of my QT this morning, (reading through Romans one chapter a day as QT recently) and it made me realize again who are we to demand or desire or have dreams? We are after all created by him, just the clay in the potter's hand. But yet, because of his love for us, He fulfills and answers our desires. Every single situation we are in are used for His purpose. My God is an awesome God so why should I be bothered if I'm not used for a noble purpose, a great task. Why should I be bothered if others have it all together and I don't? So what if I'm just used for a common use? Shouldn't that be sufficient for me? Just knowing the fact I'm used by Him by Him should be sufficient. May my perspective change as I grow closer to knowing and understanding God's heart as well as learning what it means to be a servant of God.

No comments: