Saturday, November 11, 2006

Friendships

Friendships

Indeed, today I was reminded of the beauty of friendship, not just any ordinary friendship, but a friendship that has God in the centre of it all. Met a really good friend today for lunch and catch up session and boy was I glad to have met up with her. Just seeing how God has been working in her life the past two weeks was amazing. Seeing her through the year, rewarding her with unexpected things at work, giving her the next step at her workplace, giving her purpose. She's one of the people I dont really get to see very often cos we are both very busy people. Even though we are in the same church and all, we lead different lives, we have different groups of friends but we still have one another. It's hard to explain but when we meet up, it's just like old times. It's really easy to pick off from where we left off, really easy to be comfortable with one another.

My dear, I know you read my blog from time to time and here's what i wanna say. i treasure our friendship. Thanks for going through ups and downs with me both in Spore and overseas. We have gone through our fair share of conflict, of disputes and our fair share of joy and craziness..We are so different and yet similar at the same time. I'm thankful for a friend like you. and you know what? you are the bestest teacher around. I'm serious. your dedication, your love for your students is amazing.. =) I know you know it hahaha but just wanna say it anyway and proclaim it to the world that I'm so proud to be your friend!

Thank you thank you thank you Hans.

Ecc 4:9-12
9 Two are better than one, because they have a good reward for their toil. 10 For if they fall, one will lift up his fellow. But woe to him who is alone when he falls and has not another to lift him up! 11 Again, if two lie together, they keep warm, but how can one keep warm alone? 12 And though a man might prevail against one who is alone, two will withstand him—a threefold cord is not quickly broken.

No comments: