Tuesday, July 19, 2005


Today i was reading my quiet time and it was about the couple who sold the land but kept a portion of the profit for themsleves. They wanted to look spiritual but they werent real. They were not sincere and authentic about it. it reminded me of the series on air "GET REAL"

I've always wanted to catch the episodes of Get Real on Channel NewsAsia but to no success.

" Jet-setting international students who long to belong; teenage girls who fall for other girls; and the only child in families who grow up lonely, and burdened by parental expectations. Just what are their life stories? Meet the Singapore families who call Johor, Malaysia home. Is it just the favourable exchange rate at play? And in an era where religious differences have given rise to tensions in other parts of the world, how do the many faiths in Singapore win new converts - while keeping the peace? Find out in Season 3 of Get Rea! as Diana Ser brings you more real stories, of real people. "


Am i real/authentic/genuine? Guoliang sms me yesterday saying that josh told him that he and I thought he was genuine but he didnt quite understand what it meant. I replied him saying that it basically means, what you see is what you get.

Being real is tough but essential isnt it? On sunday, my group of gals learnt about connecting the disconnected. If Jesus could show compassion to Matthew, a tax collector, hated by his own race by even taking time out to have a meal with his friends, why cant we when we teach all the time to be like Christ like?
I know i am guilty of it often too, being unkind to those of whom i do not like.

" ... it is not the healthy who need a doctor but the sick ... I desire mercy not sacrifice ..."


No comments: