Monday, August 17, 2009

Getting through the many Ups and Downs of Life

I have not blogged for quite awhile now.. This is primarily because:

1. I'm now working full time again after studying for two years
2. I'm working shift - hence irregular hours
3. I'm constantly tired so every free moment is spent either napping on my living room couch or stoning in front of the tube box
4. There are alot of things e doc and I got to settle in preparation for the upcoming next stage of life

But you guys deserve an update, so here's an attempt:

Work
Life in the healthcare sector back home has been a mixture of emotions. It's definitely not a bed of roses for me as I adjust to the culture, the working environment and pace of the hospital. There have been many many times during the course of the past 6 months or so when I have felt upset, stressed, distressed. I have cried, vented in frustration and what nots as well.

The doc i must say has been really patient with me. However, there were times that he reprimands me and i usually out of pride resent it. In my human nature, I resented it cos it reminded me that I'm not great. I admit that many times I run to him first before I go to my Maker

But these trying times have also made me realise how much I need God's provision, support, strength, wisdom, compassion and mercy. God has been extremely patient with me while I go through periods of rebellion; not reading His Word. But He has always been there waiting for me to come back to Him.

Just like today. When I woke up, all I thought was, I dont want to go to work. I was on the verge of crying out of desperation and tiredness. It was too early to moan and groan to the doc so I could not turn to him. Instead I turned to Him. I asked Him to help me through this day. To take control of it.

And you know what? Yes, the day went well. He watched over me through and through. I want to go to Him first and foremost.. not as a second option. Im still learning..

There is so much to learn about depending on God for everything in life. That's what i want to achieve.. to be daily content with what He has given me and to be dependent on Him for every aspect of my life on a daily basis.

No comments: