Monday, August 31, 2009

Better to give than to receive

Today, I had the opportunity to be a receiver and a giver. 

A receiver? 
Yes, I was blessed with an off day today. Spent it waking up at 9am, having breakfast,watching tv till 12 plus, reading from 1plus to 2, taking a nap from 2 to 330pm. Subsequently, left for my appointment at 4plus to the Lee household so that the Lee kids could model their clothes for me to see. 

Had loads of fun with them as they showed off and took photos in the pretty frock and suits. =) The doc met us there at 5ish -6 and we brought Mrs Lee and the kids out for dinner leaving Mr Lee to do some studying for his quiz tomorrow. We enjoyed ourselves tremendously, watching the kids and just chit chatting with Gen over dinner. Caleb and Sarah are really good kids and e doc even said it was good practice! Ha! I guess so... but.. even then no way, no kids for at least the first year. 

After sending them home, we paid our friend's dad a home visit to see how he was and to pass him some medical equipment that was required. Today I realize that God has placed in our hearts this burden of caring for those we know who need medical attention outside of the hospital. Especially nowadays where doctors are becoming more specialized. Often I find that families and patients have many doctors but no one doctor who is able to give them overall care of their health, putting everything together. I'm glad the doc is going into internal medicine and not surgery. He's interested and cares about all the medical issues, from the fevers, to the coughs, to the swollen legs and all that jazz. I love him for that. For caring enough to make this effort with me to go make this visit after work. 

And our life is made more meaningful. Indeed, its better to give than to receive. I feel blessed that I'm a receiver of many good things in my life. But i feel even more blessed when we are able to be a blessing to others when we can. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Blessed to be a blessing :-) ps