Thursday, April 16, 2009

Rest, Silence and Clearance of the unwanted

After working four days, I was scheduled for two days off; today and tomorrow. Initially, I thought, wow, only work four days ah? But, little did I know how much needed this day off is.

Have been a little under the weather lately. Started coughing two days ago - a dry pain cough which got worse at night, causing me to have restless nights and poor sleep. Went to work yesterday coughing a little, much relieved only when i popped a lozenges into my mouth to soothe the pain.

Hence, i decided to spend a quiet and restful day at home today.

Crap. just remembered that i was suppose to run another errand today but it completely slipped my mind. Nevermind. Shall do it tomorrow.

It's good to have time off from work like this. allowed me to have extended periods of time to do my QT, to do absolutely nothing.. its my Sabbath really. But not really too, since i also did some spring cleaning to my 'web life' and 'home life'.

'Web life'
Signed into my gmail account and started unsubscribing to things... like online stores, Melbourne's ticketing for shows, cheap airplane tickets to fly home to Singapore etc... Feels good. Cos everytime i sign in, I'm deleting a whole load of useless email.

'Home life'
With adult life comes the need to be organised with all the various aspects of your life. so finally bought that compact file organiser to file all my important documents like, insurance, banking etc. at least now my life is slightly more organised and i now know where all my important documents are.. filed neating and systematically away. My colleagues at work had to file for income tax recently, with yesterday being the cut off date. Thankfully, I did not have to cos well, I just started work not too long ago, so i earn less than $20, 000 annually. In fact, I really wonder whether my income is even so much ? Anyway, I'll think about that when the time comes. Just thankful for one less responsibilty to do.

Many things to be thankful for once again. Like, simple lessons from my QT which are gentle reminders for me, little acts of kindness that colleagues have showed me.

Life at work is not totally peachy and rosy. But it has not been terrible as well. A lot of times, the troubled times are always inflicted by myself i believe, when i wrestle with negative thoughts that come slipping quietly into my mind without me realising.

But i believe if i just hold on firmly to God each and every step of the way, and constantly practice the three greats, FAITH, HOPE and LOVE, things in life, at work, at home will be okay. Cos I have God sustaining me through each and every way.

It really does work you guys, try it. have faith and hope in Him, and learn to love as He teaches us to in 1 Cor 13.


No comments: