Sunday, March 22, 2009

What to blog about?

Dear all, 
It's been awhile since my last post and I fear that my frequency of blogging would diminish. It's not that I have no time to write, I'm too busy or I just dont get access to the internet. Instead, its about, what should i write? What do i blog about? 

If you have been reading the news recently, there has been quite alot of coverage on netizans, bloggers etc. The internet has become a place where views can be aired openly without the censorship that newspaper forums or editorials provide. Here on the web, you can be anonymous and that is a great pull i feel for the generation i grow up in. 

As a blogger these past years, I never believed in no self censorship. what do i mean? Each post i write has been thought through with regards to its contents. Mind you, each post is true to its contents, experiences I've encountered or thoughts and personal reflections that have gone through my little brain. 

While some have an objective, a purpose to their blogspots, live journals, multiply sites, may it be to provide loved ones far away with snippets of their little one's growing up journey, or to talk about their profession and air their views on how things should be, many have a blog as an 'online personal diary' where their feelings, all raw and uncut is available for the world to see. 

My blog is neither. It did not and still does not have a primary focus or objective. Neither is it my personal diary for all to see. 

However, with each post I write, I hope that my readers (mostly my friends i should think) catch a glimpse into my life, into the happenings, into what I believe in, into my values. 

I hope that each blog entry might bring one of the following: comfort, encouragement, hope, joy, a smile on a bad day, faith and even the will to try something or do something that they have not done so. 

Yeap. But with working life, I'm left with little time to really reflect upon what goes on in my life. I do not want to just paste/write entries of things happening in my life. Maybe but i should.. i dunno. 

But i do know one thing.. i will continue to blog. Maybe for now in this phase, blogging will become secondary, maybe an entry per week, maybe less, maybe more. 

who knows? no one knows. =) Only He does. 

No comments: