Having gotten the necessary information from the respective people, I bought the required raw materials and began my preparation of cleaning the chicken, skewing it (which I forgot!), marinating, preparing the coffee and making the tiramisu. Thanks to PS’s kindness, beating of the cheeses was a piece of cake (using the mixer) and coffee liquor used was of high quality. under his instruction, my tiramisu was born and boy did it look impressive! A pity I didn’t take photos of the process or even the end product. did think of it but I knew my camera battery required charging. So oh well. you guys will just have to see the real thing next time I attempt to make it. =)
With some time to spare, PS and I had the opportunity to pay the TEA ROOM a visit. Tea Room is this really English-chi chi-atas café situated along Collins Street that serves sandwiches, cakes, teas and coffees. Patrons of Tea Room mainly comprised of working adults in their late-30s to 40s so we felt quite young there. A pity I didn’t know about this place last year, if not I would have brought jie, Mum and Pa to this place to ‘experience’ the ambience. The cake we had (carrot cake) was only so-so, so I really am a little hesitant to return unless I’m bring a newbie there. PLUS, there are so many nice café around!
Have a look at the place: (courtesy of http://www.yourrestaurants.com.au)


this is really something I’m going to miss about Melbourne. The café culture is just so apparent here. Places like DeGraves Street where numerous café joints can be found hidden in back alleys just have such a mysterious yet cosy ambience. Oh well. it’s only one thing la. =) (practical grace appears)
So back to my story about Saturday. After tea with PS, I rushed home to have a shower, pack my stuff for my sleepover at the Chew’s and packed the food made into my green Wolly’s carriers before setting off, heavy laden to the suburb of Bundoora.
As mentioned, food spread during dinner was fantastic (as usual) and the chicken wings and tiramisu was greeted with thumbs up from people. =0
I didn’t get a single work done on Saturday but I’m happy and blessed that I could cook, catch up with friends and be a blessing to others. Thank you GOD! =)
1 comment:
my pleasure to share :-) PS
Post a Comment