friend's lives. So sitting down with a hot cup of Milo, I scrolled
down the list and decided to see what yanni was up to nowadays. Yanni
is a chorale senior, someone i got to know so much better through the
countless choir practices we had on Saturdays at Siglap South
Community Centre. Together with the two dawns, xuhao, jimmy etc the
whole gang spent our Saturdays in the musty ol room in Siglap south
CC practicing from 4pm - 9pm. anyway, on with the story.
yanni has a beautiful blog. Being a mass comm student before, she is
fantastic with words and her blog is always such an easy read. easy
yet captivating, the art of writing that is not definitely not one of
my strengths. As she began blogging about life in general, she had a
few photos posted her and there. I clicked on them and it brought me
to her flicker account - it was here that my memory lane began. Let
me explain.
I used to be part of VC as I mentioned before, and with vigorous
practices every sat, it was inevitable that the people in VC
naturally became your firm friends, family, people you hang out with
on weekends. when I went in with joyce, (we were groyce and jayce at
that time, the two youngest members plus yokie) it was really fun
being with this bunch of seniors who had the same passion as us.
singing. They are fantastic singers i tell you, each one of them,
solo singers in their own right, each with a strong set of vocal cords.
anyhow, as i looked through her photos, I realized that she was still
in VC and they were still a unit, new people but there were familiar
faces that i remember from those years in the past. Yanni, jimmy,
joyce, yokie, xuhao, jane, dawn, dawn, michael, terence, nelson,
sandy, bryan etc... Going for competitions all over the world still,
attending each other's weddings, caroling, things haven changed much.
I see some of my juniors faces in the photos and I'm glad there is
fresh blood in VC. =)
a walk down memory lane, makes me ask myself this question, "Do i
regret leaving VC?" I dunno, yes and no. Those people in there were
really really nice people, they took care of me, they included me
into things. But i guess when time comes and there are other
priorities, some just got to go. But those were good memories. =)
No comments:
Post a Comment