Monday, March 13, 2006

Thank you God

An Eventful Day.

Many things to give thanks for, many things to question as well. The day started off well as I was off today on retreat. Spent the whole morning just reading God's word, doing my devotions finishing up books which i started a while back. Hearing God, listening to his word for me, just sitting with him in the silence of my home was a good reminder that i do nothing out of my own strength but it is by God's strength that i'm here.Many times this is how i feel:

Journey - Corrinne May

It's a long long journey
Till I know where I'm supposed to be
It's a long long journey
And I don't know if I can believe
When shadows fall and block my eyes
I am lost and know that I must hide
It's a long long journey
Till I find my way home to you

Many days I've spent
Drifting on through empty shores
Wondering what's my purpose
Wondering how to make me strong

I know I will falter
I know I will cry
I know you'll be standing by my side
It's a long long journey
And I need to be close to you

Sometimes it feels no one understands
I don't even know why
I do the things I do
When pride builds me up till I can't see my soul
Will you break down these walls and pull me through

Cause it's a long long journey
Till I feel that I am worth the price
You paid for me on Calvary
Beneath those stormy skies

When Satan mocks and friends turn to foes
It feels like everything is out to make me lose control
Cause it's a long long journey
Till I find my way home to you
To you

God wasnt just going to let me escape with a theory lesson in the morning. In the evening, as I did some self-study, I was forced to remember constantly that He is my strength and portion. I was ready to give up, to say I just cant do this God, when He helped me. I felt extremely lonely just sitting there at starbucks studying and at that point, i received an sms from my mom saying that she was at the library drinking coffee. I couldnt contain the smile that emerged from my face. They came (my parents) and they accompanied me for the rest of the time. Providing me the company and assurance that I can do this and that God meets my needs at all times.

On top of this all, my friend shared with me about a situation at home. Dun know how to help you but if you need to talk, just tell me k? =)

No comments: