Thursday, December 15, 2005

Learning from Team Prayer

Learning from Team Prayer

"One thing I ask of the Lord,
this is what I seek:
that I may dwell in the house of the Lord
all the days of my life,
to gaze upon the beauty of the Lord
and to seek hin in his temple."
--- Psalm 27:4
Like any other Thursay afternoon, we had Team Prayer in the office. It was a time of sharing what we have learnt from our quiet time as well as a time of praying for ministry matters. This afternoon, Pat shared something really sweet. Last week, being really busy at work, coming back late almost every night, He didnt have an opportunity to spend time with the kids (Kyrie and Ryan) as they would have gone to bed already. on a tue morning last week, pat woke up to see kryie standing at the side of the bed just looking at him. When asked y she was there, Kyrie (who's 3 on dec 18) said, "i miss you daddy."
Pat drew a parallel to our relationship with God. if only we desired to be with our daddy just like little Kyrie. she missed her father, the father who played with her, taught her stuff, (even scolded her). She stood at his side just waiting, just gazing at him, and waiting for him to wake up.
I thought about my own walk with my Father in Heaven. Have i been waiting upon him? Seeking, gazing at him? Desiring Him?

No comments: